Creating a new folder

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Sequin, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Sequin macrumors regular

I'm sorry if this has been answered before. D: I googled it and searched mroogle and couldn't find a solution.

Basically, I just recently switched over to a Mac and am still trying to figure things out. I wanted to create a new folder under my 'Food' folder to save an image to. It would be placed at.. Pictures>Random>Food>New Folder. However, it doesn't look like I can create a new folder. Yes, I could always make a new folder on my desktop and move it later, but that's annoying. In Windows you could always right click and create a new folder at will. Is there any way around this issue on a Mac?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Right click and then new folder. It works best in grid mode.

4. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

Are you talking about the "Save" window when you save a file? There should be a "New folder" button in the bottom left of the window.

5. Sequin thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, but it's not an option. :/ Let me get a screenshot for better understanding.

6. Sequin thread starter macrumors regular

Okay let's pretend I was saving under my 'Fashion' folder. New Folder is no longer an option given.

[​IMG]

It's not an option when I just go under finder either:
    [​IMG]

7. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Maybe because it's a Shared folder? What happens when you go to Macintosh HD?

8. Sequin thread starter macrumors regular

Still the same under Mac HD :/

Edit: LOL odd. I turned Sharing off and now it lets me create a new folder. Thanks for noticing that ! :D
    Edit 2: Oh wait nevermind. o_o; Still can't create a folder hmm

Edit 3: Nevermind, guys! I figured it out. For some odd reason the folder 'Random' and all the sub folders under it had 'read only' as it's permission.