Creating a new user folder...?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MaLdocK, Mar 14, 2008.

1. MaLdocK macrumors newbie

Hi again, just wondering if its possible to create a new user in my newly partitioned drive.
    What I'm talking about is the Home Folder in the sidebar at Places. just in-between Desktop and Applications. I know my current home usernamed folder is accessing my original hd space.

Is there any way to create this new home folder?

2. MaLdocK thread starter macrumors newbie

help anyone?
    I wanna install my WoW inside one of my newly partitioned drives, but how do i get the application folders in at the same time?

3. motulist macrumors 68040

motulist

I think you're slightly confusing the issue. It sounds like you want a folder on your external disk to show up in your side bar. To do that, you just create a new folder on your external drive named "my 2nd home" or whatever you want, then drag that folder into the sidebar.

Done.

And you can put whatever you like there, including applications like WOW. Applications do not have to stay in your user's "Applications" folder.

4. MaLdocK thread starter macrumors newbie

I see! wow i'm amazed by the simplicity of this whole os. Apple rocks.
    Thanks alot motu.:p

5. motulist macrumors 68040

motulist

You're welcome. Glad you're enjoying the Mac. I just reread what you're trying to do, and there may be an even better solution. If you want WOW to be in you applications folder but want the application to live on your external drive, all you have to do is have WOW living on your external drive and then just make an alias to the WOW application which you then put in your Applications folder. That way WOW shows up in you applications list, but the hard disk space it occupies is on your external drive.

I don't think I described that very well. If you need clarification just let me know.