Creating a Partition for Windows

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Borja1055, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Borja1055 macrumors regular

I am a student at the University of Miami and i need to run MatLab on my computer. They have the MatLab software available to me but only for Windows. They told me that they can install Windows for me but its going to take a week. IM NOT WILLING TO GIVE MY MACBOOK UP FOR A WEEK!!!! Specially becaus ei need it for school(and to browse this site lol). So i was wondering how much it would cost me$$$ to install Windows, is it available for free download? Is it complicated to Install? and if it simple enough can somebody give me a simple step by step?
    Thanks in Advance

2. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

You are at uni and you don't know how to use Google to find a step by step guide to install Windows on a bootcamp partition? There are instructions on your mac for crying out loud.

you will need a copy of windows, which is not free, how else do you suppose Microsoft makes its money? Can they give you the copy of Windows they were going to install on your computer so you can do it yourself? I assume your Uni would have some sort of bulk license which allows this to happen...

3. Borja1055 thread starter macrumors regular

I suppose i could use google, or i could just post a question. Sorry for making you waste your precious time on me

4. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

One should endeavour to search before one posts. Such is the rule of the forum.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

6. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I don't see this ending well...

Please, do the following

1. Print the instructions from the BootCamp Assistant application
    2. READ the instructions carefully
    3. Follow the instructions
    4. Backup your data before starting any procedure