Creating a Schedule

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thriii, Aug 26, 2010.

1. thriii macrumors 6502

Is there anything other than iCal I can use to create a schedule? iCal just doesnt seem as easy as it could be to create a pretty basic schedule. Would prefer a free option but would also like to say apps I would have to pay for

Thanks!

2. SatyMahajan macrumors regular

OmniPlan

3. Gregg2 macrumors 603

What type of schedule do you need to create? Describe what you need it to do for you. There aren't any clues in your first post.

4. thriii thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm using it to pretty much schedule my days so I have somethin to do.. I work from home and I can work all day if I wanted to, but I would rather have some type of schedule to follow.. I considered OmniPlan since I love Omni products, but what advantage is there usin omniplan over ical?

5. KirkL macrumors 6502

What about iCal makes it hard for you? I found very easy to use once I understood all the options (Repeat etc)

6. thriii thread starter macrumors 6502

Its easy to use and I did set up pretty much my whole schedule, but It seems pretty limited like I have to type alot into the title of the block when I would rather have a title for the block and a description on what happens durin that block/time

7. demingy macrumors newbie

You could type a description in the notes section of the event.

I wanted a little more flexibility in iCal, BusyCal has worked well for me.

8. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Got my attention with that. How is that done? "Note" is grey in existing Events, and also when I create a new one. A quick look in iCal Help wasn't helpful.

9. demingy macrumors newbie

Unfortunately I'm not quite sure about how to do it in iCal. Since I was looking for some other functionality not available in iCal I switched to BusyCal. The notes section is available in BusyCal and I use it all the time. Hopefully someone else can let you know why the notes section might be greyed out in iCal.