Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
So last night I experienced my firs time issue post iOS 12 install on my iPhone X. I could not shut down my phone with the side buttons or through settings and had to manually drain the battery. It happened on a FaceTime call and long story short I could not end the call. I switched to my iPad, but only the apps I had open on my iPhone X were accessible.

For iPhone X and soon to be iPhone XS and iPhone XS MAX without the home button, you have the option of shutting down the device with the buttons or through the settings.

I wanted to make a shortcut from the settings app that would allow me to shut down the device with one step or press of a button from the widget or home screen. I thought that’s was the shortcut app was for to create any step/action as long as you knew how to manually do it. However I, not seeing the option to do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
That wasn’t working and the FaceTime call was still “active” on the screen even though it had ended.

I guess I may always want to keep the settings app open in the background as a just in case protocol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.