Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LERsince1991

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Ok so I'm making a portfolio and it's going to take me long enough to format and scale all the work I've done so I'd like to speed up the placing task a lot.

I have attached the layout for the content - a very rough one though but it shows what I'm trying to do.

I would like to know if its possible to set the graphics and text frames (or something) in each slide except the front page and content page. (set them up and then copy and paste into other slides?)

This way I can pretty much drag and drop (or place :p ) the images in once they have been scaled right for the standard frames. It would make it a hell of a lot quicker.

Is this possible?
Cheers,
Luke.

Attachments

• LR-Portfolio-09 - Dummy.jpg
    LR-Portfolio-09 - Dummy.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 103

LERsince1991

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
UK
You can create a master page and apply to the pages you want. It's under the pages pallet. :)

If I create a master page I won't be able to add content to each individual page as when not editing the master its locked? Also that would then appear on every page

Edit: I think I've answered my own question actually... Sorry...
Lol just got the graphics frame box's in the right places with the right dimensions and aspect ratio. Copy and paste the selection over the slides then place in the scaled/formatted images.
lol...

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Hi, Luke.

From the wording you are using it sounds like you are making a template on a page and then using copy/paste to duplicate that layout on another page. If that is right, I recommend you make your template of frames up on a Master Page and check or select Allow Master Page Overrides in the Pages fly-out menu. This will give you the frames you need applied to every page in the document. Using Shift-Command you can click on the elements of a page and separate them from the Master to make local changes in the layout. Try to stay away from copy/paste. Use the Place command instead.

When you have your layout finished with text and graphics, Preflight and Package it. This will give you a new folder with copies of all your work. You can make changes without modifying your originals.

Dale

LERsince1991

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Ah right cheers Dale,

Didn't realize I could 'grab' the items out of the master onto the current slide.
Ah and I can over-ride the master slide for the title pages, awesome cheers!

Heres what I've been doing. (tell me if it works?)
I'm not sure of a good way to upload pdf's but this should work?

Direct link? - http://download698.mediafire.com/s7ydga0mxmvg/xydjm3zxijz/LR-Portfolio-09.pdf

If that doesn't work heres the link they say to use ;)

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b63fdc377268f88061d4646c62b381cbe04e75f6e8ebb871

Cheers,
Luke

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Hi, again.

Your first link is dead but your second one works fine. I have some screenshots and will look at them after lunch.

Interesting cultural note: In the US the term "outhouse" refers to an outdoor toilet. "Outbuilding" and "shed" are what we call small storage and multipurpose buildings. A company in the US once developed a phone marketed as the Chat Box. It was sold in France under that name, where it translated into Cat Box...

Dale

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.