Creating a virtual disk to house win 7 ISO file

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by redhawk87, Feb 2, 2012.

1. redhawk87, Feb 2, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012

redhawk87 macrumors regular

I downloaded a copy of windows 7 and now I am trying to use boot camp to install it on my mac. With boot camp, it says I need the ISO file on a flash drive in order to create a win 7 install disk. I currently do not have a flash drive. I was trying to burn the ISO to a DVD using disk utility but I keep getting an error: "unable to burn [name of ISO file] (internal error occurred)". I am using a blank DVD+R disk. Any help would be appreciated!

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Simplest approach? Go buy a flash drive. You can get 8GB flash drives for less than $10 now.

It's possible, though, that your ISO is either damaged or in some way formatted so that Disk Utility can't read it. You could try downloading Burn instead.

jW

3. redhawk87 thread starter macrumors regular

I tried downloading Burn but that did not work either. I at one point got Disk Utility to start burning for like 10 seconds (or it was doing something) and then an error occurred saying the DVD drive was unable to burn that kind of file or something like that.

4. kalex macrumors 65816

redownload the iso. maybe its corrupt. I had no issues burning windows 7 dvd using Disk utility