Creating a website with members

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Gator24765, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Gator24765 macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

Hello all. I am looking into creating a website. I have mediocre knowledge of dreamweaver and can create a pretty solid basic webpage. I know how to update it when its on the web etc. Before I launch this site on the internet I would like to market it etc.

Anyway, I would like to create a members section where people can sign up and access some members only pages. Also, I would like where I can send out mass emails to the members of my site. I would like to run it like this for a while until I grow a large membership base then start offering some paid services. I would like where free members can access some materials then the paid members can access the bonus stuff.

So that being said, What do I need in order I effectively maintain a website where people can sign up? I am relatively new to this so something easy. I don't mind learning.

BTW, this website isnt going to be anything advanced. Most likely a 3-7 page website.

2. Tholian macrumors member

You might want to look at a Content Management System (CMS) instead of Dreamweaver. That way you could tap the power of freeware or commercial plug-ins that would make your job much easier. For example Joomla (a CMS) and Community Builder (a plug-in) would be just one way to go. Their are a lot of alternatives out there, Joomla, Drupal, perhaps even Wordpress?

Good Luck :)