Creating Aperture 3 Tutorials; what are you looking for?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by cosmokanga2, Nov 19, 2010.

1. cosmokanga2 macrumors 6502a

cosmokanga2

I'm in the process of creating a series of free Aperture 3 tutorial videos to help people learn Aperture and am wondering what people would like covered. There are already some great videos by Apple covering the basics which I don't want to copy so I'm focusing more on in depth items such as presets, the command editor, advanced highlights and shadows and the such.

Is there anything people are looking for in particular that they can't find? Please let me know.

2. flosseR macrumors 6502a

flosseR

Hi search youtube, there are tons of video tutorials out there. I am not sure how much you can improve on them because yours then have to really stand out.
    I made web tutorials mainly for a friend of mine who sits across the pond. They became quite popular but they are webbased (http://go-dslr.com/welcome-to-the-apple-aperture-pages), not video.
    I think it would be a good idea to have video tutorials on deeper subject but a) they have to be VERY well done and b) they have to be VERY well done .. With this I mean, quality, focus on bringing the point across in a timely manner, good speech etc. Too many tutorials go too fast in video and it is hard to follow for people..
    just my 2 c... no worth much

3. wmcy, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2010

wmcy macrumors member

Thanks for asking.

A friend emailed me several shots he took. On the lower left hand corner in white font was:

@ (copyright sign)_his first name_his last name_2010.

I asked how, and he replied that he used a Lighthtroom 3 preset. I haven't been able to determine how to achieve this in Aperture. BTW, he is a Mac user.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Wm.

wmcy@mac.com

4. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

So ^^ is looking for a tutorial on how to create and insert a watermark and/or copyright using A3. I think you need to prepare the symbol in PhotoShop first, but it would be nice to know if A3 could do this all by itself.

Dale

5. mjoshi123 macrumors 6502

mjoshi123

Is there a way to change image background in Aperture ? Also it would be great if you can include how to resize/crop image so it maintains aspect ration and prints correctly on 5x7 or 8x10 etc. It comes handy when getting images printed from online or other stores