Creating Audio File from Video

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by vwantihero, Aug 20, 2010.

1. vwantihero macrumors newbie

Hello, First thread on here because I have tried somethings but the quality turns out crappy. I am in Dental school and want to create audio files from my lectures. The lectures are video recorded and posted on a website. I would like to "extract" the audio and save it so i can put it on my ipod and listen to it while i ride the bus and or train back home. I have tried using audacity and recording while the video is playing but it comes out so low you can barely hear it coming from the macbook speakers. I tried doing it on voice memos app from my iphone and again it does not come out good. I was wondering if anyone knew any procedures(since this is the audio forum) that could possibly make this a little easier for me. Below is the links to the website in which the video lectures are posted.

http://echo360.bu.edu:8081/ess/echo/presentation/99e783b9-932f-457f-b9ff-b7550315fba7

This is the format they are in and we are given links in our blackboard site. Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated and if any other information is needed dont hesitate to ask.;):apple:

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

That site requires one to log in but..

I'd suggest trying to download them to your computer then extracting the audio via Quicktime 7 not QT-X.

3. vwantihero thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry about that.
    how would i download it to my HD, i tried right,command,and control clicking to no avail. and once I do get it on my comp how would i extract with quicktime...i have quicktime player, would that work? or is quicktime 7 somethign i would have to DL

4. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Not being able to see how the video is presented I couldn't say how to download it. Quicktime 7 comes on the Snow Leopard install disk.

5. vwantihero thread starter macrumors newbie

how can i find out what you neeed to know so i can DL it