Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zim

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 5, 2002
I am trying to (procrastinate) create a customized outline format for a paper that I am working on. Basically I want my outline to be formatted as such...

1. Introduction
1.1 Motivation
1.1.1 Where is my motivation?
1.2 Getting motivated
1.2.1 Formating my paper

2. Background

Does anyone know of a way to do this? I have played around in TextEdit (would prefer to use TextEdit) and looked in Word but couldn't find anything.

Thanks!

:D

reh

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2003
Arkansas
You can realllllly customize outlines in Word. It can be annoying (this is Word after all), but it works.

Format -> Bullets and Numbering -> Numbered -> Select a list that is close to what you want -> Customize

zim

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 5, 2002
reh said:
You can realllllly customize outlines in Word. It can be annoying (this is Word after all), but it works.

Format -> Bullets and Numbering -> Numbered -> Select a list that is close to what you want -> Customize

Cool :D thanks for pointing that out.. Honestly I opened Word took a quick look and then left. I found a setting that does exactly what I want :) too bad I can't get this to auto format in TextEdit.

Thanks again... I guess now there is nothing to stop me from getting it done.. except first I have to find the right font ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.