Creating custom themes for my iphone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Opie, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

I am curious what programs i need to make custom themes for my iphone. Any help would be appreciated.

2. jdmstar macrumors member

Hopefully you like reading lol.

if you google how to make your own WINTERBOARD THEME.. you will get results.

Theyre are some good tuts on Modmyifone.com or something like that.

basically what you need:

Fireworks CS3 or Photoshop CS3 or any photo editor thatll let you save in PNG format.

Install Winterboard. <-- If you dont know what this then i suggest you read more. cough Jailbreak your fone cough.

After installing winterboard, go to CYDIA and download a theme. any single theme would do. This way itll show the stucture of how it should be etc.

Make icons and background for it in the same FOLDER structure. And then upload it via SSH to your phone into the applications > themes.xxxxxx>NEW THEME NAME.

Go to Winterboard on your phone apply your new theme and you should see your new changes.

**(This is a quick tutorial, and fast way through it, there are alot of other ways to do it. Plus you can change more then just skinning it, you can change differnt icons, change the ATT logo, the bars, everything. even the slider icons.)

Hope this help. Like i said read in google.