Creating Facebook Page

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by brian9271, Nov 15, 2009.

1. brian9271 macrumors 6502

brian9271

Hey guys, I've tried to create a page on Facebook but it keeps denying, I've tried all sorts of different ways of trying not to "Our automated system will not approve the name because it contains a word or phrase that is blocked to prevent the creation of unofficial or otherwise prohibited Pages." by choosing different names but it still rejects it, I already sent a request to Facebook, they've replied but no action has taken place... I wanted to put something like "I hate looking at the time as I haven't finished my homework" or something like that, then it denied, alright so "I do not look at the time as I haven't finished my homework" NOPE still denies, wtf Facebook?!?!?! I see other fan pages with "I hate..." and how come I can't do it? :mad::mad:

2. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

Facebook intends Pages to be for brands/businesses/bands/etc... not stupid thing like "I hate looking at the time". Apparently they're getting better at automatically recognizing stupid Pages can rejecting them. :)

3. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

4. brian9271 thread starter macrumors 6502

brian9271

Lol hahaha, ah I see now, but then why are those random fan pages still up then? :confused:

Facebook never gets back to you:

Hi,

Facebook Customer Support has received your inquiry. Stand by as we should be back with you soon. In the meantime, we encourage you to review our 'Help' page (http://www.facebook.com/help.php). You'll find lots of information about Facebook as well as many answers to your questions. Check out the FAQs on the Support page too.

Thanks for contacting Facebook and enjoy the site!

-Facebook Customer Support

5. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

Because there's a difference between banning new stupid pages and retroactively deleting existing ones...? :rolleyes: