Creating Icons?

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by Benguitar, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Benguitar Guest

Benguitar

I thought that the best place for this thread would be here, but my question is I was wondering if anyone could make me a few icons?

I would really like to have my GarageBand icon be one (or two) KRK Rokit 5 Monitors. If you could also create a icon of Apogee's Duet interface that would be WONDERFUL.

If no one is willing to create them, could someone at least help me make them myself by providing instructions?

Attached Files:

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

There are programs out there that will convert images to icons, but I can't think of the name ...

3. Benguitar thread starter Guest

Benguitar

Gimp wouldn't happen to be one of them? I haven't had much luck with that app...

4. TheZimm macrumors 6502a

TheZimm

I made a .icns file for you of two of the speakers, if this is what you want, then here you go. I did it quickly, so sorry if it doesn't turn out to be what you wanted

Zym

Attached Files:

5. Benguitar thread starter Guest

Benguitar

That is really great! What program did you use? And how can I or you make one of the Duet?

(edit) Argh, when I change the icon on GarageBand it has a "TIFF" logo. How does one go about fixing that?

6. TheZimm macrumors 6502a

TheZimm

What app do you need the icon for.

I think this version will work, all you have to do is go to applications, garageband, right click and go to show package contents, click contents, resources and then look for the file Garageband App.icns. I'd copy this to your desktop, or some folder just for backup. Then drag my file to that folder, overwrite and authenticate then I'm pretty sure it should work, if it doesn't then sorry i dunno how to do it =/

Zym

p.s. I changed something for the file so download this new version

Attached Files:

7. Benguitar thread starter Guest

Benguitar

Worked perfectly, the Apogee Duet icon I would like to use for the app Maestro that is software that came with the Duet Interface.

8. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

You can download a cool little free program called img2icns by ShinyFrog to make the conversion of pics into icons a simple drag and drop procedure. This is a case where even the free version works great!

9. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

Flash > Trace Bitmap would be the quickest way of converting them to a vector. Then it would need to be exported as a PNG with a transparent layer.

10. adamfishercox macrumors 6502

Icon Composer comes with the Leopard Developer Tools on the Install DVD. It's a crappy piece of software in that it crashes all the time, but it does the job and for one icon would work great.