Creating Mailing Labels

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by terryspencer1, Apr 22, 2009.

1. terryspencer1 macrumors newbie

Help !!! I am using Word and Excel 2004, and I have my data (names, poisiton, address, city, state, zip code) in an excel file do I need to merge with word and if so can someone please let me know how to do it . I have about 317 complete addresses in Excel..........do I import into word, do I use
    Data Merge Manager ? what is the easiest............thank you in advance for helping...I have looked thru past threads and cannot find anything that applies to word and excel 2004.

Terry

2. terryspencer1 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. terryspencer1 thread starter macrumors newbie

HI, thanks but I'm still lost........trying to get a "Genius Bar" appointment this afternoon at an Apple store....

4. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

How'd it go at the Genius Bar?

If not, I'll let you in a little thing called...Mail Merge...:eek:

5. terryspencer1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your reply, I did not go to the genius bar so any help/hints would be appreciated. I am working on a Mac, but on Word 2004 and Excel 2004. Since I needed some of the labels I emailed them to my daughter's computer and printed them on a PC :eek:, using Word 2003, But I still have some to print, but on my version of word it says "Data Merge Manager" and I could not figure out how to get my Excel document in ?? Thanks.
    Terry

6. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

I don't think you bring the excel document in, I think it links to it... then on your form you pull the data fields and place them where you want. I could be wrong on the Mac side. I have not used it. But I don't think it could be that much different then it windows counterpart.

7. MentalFabric macrumors 6502

MentalFabric

This should answer your question:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/275015

now, does anyone know if it's possible in the mac version to pick and choose entries from the workbook? for instance, you have 2000 rows of names and addresses and you want to be able to click "Joe Bloggs" to add him to your label printout in the Data Merge Manager instead of having to copy and paste the specific people you want into a single new spreadsheet?

8. LenaH macrumors newbie