Creating "Play Disk" in toast?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Haz Nomis, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Haz Nomis macrumors newbie

First off, I'd like to say Hi, I'm new to the forum, and I hope all goes well (And I'm sure it will:D)

With that, on to my question. I downloaded a game, which needs Disk 2 to play (It installed without an actual disk, why it needs one to play is beyond me) So I downloaded toast, trying to make a disk image of the disk. I made one somehow, but I must not be doing it correctly, because the game still won't play. Anyone know how to do this?

2. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Well in general most games that require a disk to play do that as a protection against unauthorized duplication of the game so they often include measures on the authentication disk that keep one from duplicating it.

While I don't know for sure if that is the case here, I suspect it is. If you purchased this game, contact the publisher for a replacement disk. If it is not, then purchase it and you will have no problem running it.

3. Haz Nomis thread starter macrumors newbie

They don't make it anymore, the game is practically dead. I don't think people would host downloads with the idea that it wouldn't work...