Creating relaxation CD for clients

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GadgetNeil, Dec 11, 2007.

1. GadgetNeil macrumors newbie

I'm not sure if I should use garageband, and if so, how.

I'm a psychiatrist, and I often do in-session relaxation training. Patients have asked if I have a tape/CD available, and sometimes I've just put a tape in the tape recorder so they can take it home. But these days, hardly anyone has cassette tape players anymore, and I'd like to record (perhaps using a microphone in a quiet room) the progressive muscle relaxation procedure, which takes about half an hour. Any suggestions for an easy way to do this, without having to buy more software? I have a macbook, with Leopard, iLife and iWork. My aim would be to create a CD I could sell for a nominal fee, that would be playable in any CD player or computer cd-rom player. I would want to have several tracks, eg: one for the full relaxation procedure, and some shorter versions.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

2. thegrifman macrumors regular

You could use software called Audicity ( http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ ). It's free/open source. It can export as mp3 and such so you could easily burn the audio to an audio cd for play in a regular cd player.

3. GadgetNeil thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks - just downloaded audacity - it looks like it will do the trick!

4. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Or you could use garageband. It has a handy export to itunes button, and from there you can make a playlist/burn it to a CD.