Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Californian

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 17, 2009
Surfers Paradise
I used to make my own ringtones in Garage Band and I could easily cut out sections of the song and edit it down in the "Editor" to get the part of the song, or edit it to put together different parts. Well, in Garage Band '11 I can't figure out how to cut out parts - where that option used to be in the editor, it now stretches out the song instead of cutting it. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks.

iceterminal

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2008
Dallas Tx.
I used to make my own ringtones in Garage Band and I could easily cut out sections of the song and edit it down in the "Editor" to get the part of the song, or edit it to put together different parts. Well, in Garage Band '11 I can't figure out how to cut out parts - where that option used to be in the editor, it now stretches out the song instead of cutting it. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks.

Unfortunately I do not have a Mac, so I'm stuck using Audiko.net to create my ringtones. Have you given this a shot?
And I've never used GarageBand, so I'm sorry I cannot help you out on that end.

davelanger

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009

Why dont you just make your own in iTunes, its pretty simple. If you need to cut down a section of a song just use audacity, its a free program.

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
Why dont you just make your own in iTunes, its pretty simple. If you need to cut down a section of a song just use audacity, its a free program.

harder to get everything to line up. I know with my current ring tone I tried iTunes and could get close but not perfect. Put it in Garage band and was able to see the wave form and got it exactly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.