Creating subpages in iWeb

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Carole Hayes, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Carole Hayes macrumors newbie

Hi,

I would like to created a site that has many pages, but only four links in the navbar.

I can't figure out how to do this in iWeb. Every time I create a page, it adds a link to the navbar, and I don't know how to keep it from doing that.

Is there a way to specify that a page is a subpage only, or is there some work-around that I'm unaware of? Or am I stuck with all of those links up top?

2. millap macrumors regular

You could try creating multiple sites and then hyperlink from one to the other. Each site can then have it's own Nav bar at the top.

3. Carole Hayes thread starter macrumors newbie

hmmmm....

Only problem I can think of is that I'd still like to have the link to the home page in each navbar, and I have no idea how to do that. (If I could do that, I could just do the whole thing the way I want to....) :p

But thanks! :)

4. millap macrumors regular

What's on your homepage? If it never changes then you could just duplicate it on both sites and the user wouldn't notice the difference.

5. Carole Hayes thread starter macrumors newbie

hmmm... I'll need to think about it.

I just really want to be able to keep the same navbar, but have my subpages, too. Is there no way to do this with iWeb? :confused:

6. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

You know that you don't have to have the links appear on the main navbar, right? You could just use text links as hyperlinks elsewhere in the webpage, to navigate to the subfolders.

7. Carole Hayes thread starter macrumors newbie

THAT'S the part I'm trying to figure out! Help!!

The only ones I can get to be subpages are the photo pages -- how do I do it with other types of pages?? :confused::confused:

8. millap macrumors regular

Looks like you can disable the Navbar using a couple of checkboxes on the second tab of the inspector palette.

9. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

To disable putting a link in the NavBar, go to the Inspector while you are on your desired page, and look for a checkbox that says something like "put link in navigation bar". (I'm not at a Mac right now so I can't give you the exact syntax.)

To make text (or anything else) into hyperlinks, highlight the text and look in the Inspector again (the last tab to the right, I think, should be hyperlinks). You can then specify if that hyperlink should go to an external page (www.google.com, for example) or a page within your own site.

10. Carole Hayes thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you both sooo much!!!

I was away from the Mac for a few years, using Windows machines -- :( -- and the Inspector was introduced while I was gone. I'm still getting used to it, so it didn't even occur to me to check it! :rolleyes:

Thanks again!!! :D:D:D