Creating Templates/Storyboards for Final Cut Pro X

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by carboncocoa, Dec 15, 2013.

1. carboncocoa macrumors member

carboncocoa

Hey there FCPXperts,
    I'm not sure if this is possible, but I figured that if anyone would know, you would.

I want to be able to create multiple clips with different content that follow the same general format.

Much like a template in Keynote, for example, I would like to create Final Cut templates—something that has a prebuilt structure that you could add content to and modify as necessary.

Does such a feature exist, and if not, what are some suggestions to achieve a similar result?

Thanks

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

Create a shot by shot story board as a set of JPG images. Drop them onto the time and make them as long as they need to be. It could even by an interesting product if the storyboard artwork is good and you have decent voiceover dialog.

3. carboncocoa thread starter macrumors member

carboncocoa

Thanks, ChrisA! Can you set up the JPEGs so you can just drag clips on top of them to replace them with the video content, or do you have to delete them manually?

Any additional suggestions are still welcome. :)

4. Unami macrumors 6502a

just drag the videos on the .jpgs in the timeline - and you'll get some options for replacing one with the other.