Creating User Accounts using iweb

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by spindrift-loop, May 27, 2009.

1. spindrift-loop macrumors newbie

I have a site that's looking pretty good, but expect it to grow and would like to add a way for people to have a user account with me for when they submit projects for contests and such. Is it possible?

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Not from within iWeb. It has no server-side capabilities. You'd have to write such functionality separately and add it in place manually. Would likely be a pain though.

3. spindrift-loop thread starter macrumors newbie

I.m still a greenbird at web design which is why I am using iWeb (obviously) so can you explain a litte about what might need to happen to add it manually?

4. italiano40 macrumors 65816

italiano40

you need to have a server and mysql database then search online for a snippet of code for the accounts that is the easiest way to do it

5. bayles2006 macrumors newbie

Easy user accounts

I know this thread is like years old but thought i would post this for anyone searching how to do it.

I was desperate for user accounts and i googled it for hours till i came across www.authpro.com which did everything i needed. You can have a free account with up to 10 users or you can pay for one (around £30) and have unlimited.

They provide all the login/logout, registration and page protect codes as well as other tools like payment gateways so you can charge people to create accounts if you wanted.

So simple and easy really worth the money