Creative 7.1 Speakers + iMac 27"

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Hello

I've been a PC user for too long ;) so i gonna buy a an iMac 27" but i have a Creative 7.1 speaker system (http://archive.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=53123&cat_id=536) is there any way i can connect this system to an iMac ? How ?

The speakers have four exits (Front \ Rear \ Side \ Sub) and connects to my PC soundcard (X-Fi Fatality).

Thanks to all...
No optical connection? it's easy to miss as it's covered by a black flap. If you do have one, it's an easy job, just Toslink cable between your new Mac, and the sound system

Jhonyb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2012
No optical connection? it's easy to miss as it's covered by a black flap. If you do have one, it's an easy job, just Toslink cable between your new Mac, and the sound system
No optical connection :(

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
No optical connection :(
I've thought about various solutions..running the cables into a box which outputs via optical or 3.5mm jack, but the bad news is it would cost you more to do that than it would to buy a cheap DTS system with optical or 3.5mm connection options built in.

Best bet IMO? Sell the Creative setup to a Windows user and buy yourself something more compatible.

Last edited:

Jhonyb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2012
Ye thats a solution the thing is, the system is outdated to say the least and i think no one wants 7.1 speakers anymore... lol

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Try the marketplace section here....it's free to advertise so you won't lose money that way. Sadly I'm afraid you are right, that speaker system was great in its day, but times have moved way on sinch then....Prices too.