Creative 7.1 Speakers ????

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by apple-steve, Jul 27, 2007.

1. apple-steve macrumors newbie

Ok i have decided to move to a mac soon and i was just wondering about my Creative 7.1 speakers which is currently hooked up to the creative x-fi card.

Question is, can i put the x-fi card into a imac or mac pro??

If not is there anyway to hook up my speakers to a imac or any mac for that matter ??

Thanks in advance

2. DaftUnion macrumors 6502a

DaftUnion

the iMac, Mac Pro, Macbook, and Macbook Pro all have optical outs so you could connect a 5.1 system with the digital out. As for 7.1, i'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure you can't install the X-Fi card into Mac or any other sound card for that matter that doesn't say that it is Mac compatible or OS X compatible.

If your concerned about sound quality though, trust me, whatever my iMac uses sounds fantastic for audio quality through a 4.1 Klipsch system.

3. beekay20 macrumors newbie

help needed with 5.1 on mac

well i just moved from pc to macbook and im having trouble using my creative 5.1 speakers. i have sound blaster 24bit external, but dont knw if they work with mac or not. well i can see in the system preferences but cant hear anything when selected. maybe is there a software for mac for it or someway??

thanks
    regards
    beekay

4. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

Macs only do 5.1 (up to 7.1) by optical port. If your amp/receiver does not have optical input, you will not get 5.1 without using clunky fw/usb devices.