Creative Labs Audigy 2 zs notebook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kokeradio, May 11, 2008.

1. kokeradio macrumors newbie

I have this soundcard I used with my old toshiba qosmio. Recently I got a new MBP and I love it. I was wondering if there is a way to connect my 5.1 speakers with the audigy 2 zs soundcard to the MBP. I know the PCMCIA interface is not compatible with the mac but is there a way to adapt it to the mac?

Thanks

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Even without the hardware issue (PowerBooks supported PCMCIA, but MacBook Pros support the more modern ExpressCard) you'd not have drivers: there are no OSX drivers for Creative soundcards.

3. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

im sorry but thats not correct, there are no drivers for MOST creative products, BUT the

sound blaster live external

will do exactly what you want

newegg is currently out of them, but im sure you can find one somewhere

i use one at church to do sound out and in on my MBP and it works great

4. kokeradio thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks squeeks,
    If I get this card, will I have to download drivers for Mac or will it be recognized automatically? On their website under requirements they only mention windows systems.

Thanks

5. blunzer macrumors newbie

Audigy ZS notebook and Extigy do work with Mac!

I see a lot of postings that say that there are no creative drivers for the extigy or audigy - when in fact, in Leopard it shows up, you throw the switch and the audio works. I'm going to look around and figure out if there's any way to get video capture with the audigy, but I doubt it.

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Please do not buy it; I had it and boy I think it's crappy; I runs of USB 1.1 which tells your how old it is; I mean sure it works with music, but none of that HD stuff. The only good thing is it's bus powered.

I'd get an Audigy 2 NX which is essentially the Audigy 2 ZS external; however this is NOT bus powered and will require a power brick.

BTW both are plug and play in OS X

And they just came out with this:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102020