Creative Software for Macs/OSX?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Totty1987, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Totty1987 macrumors regular

I'm looking to buy a Macbook Pro pretty soon, but I'm just wondering whether there's any creative-type software available for the osx platform. I'm currently using Windows, so I have no such experience using Apple's OS.
    I'm no good at programming, so I'm unsure whether paying so much for Macbook Pro is a wise decision on my part.
    To be honest I just want to be able to create something using a computer system, as I have some ideas, which I'd to implement.

I would really appreciate it if the members of macrumours would kindly list the creative-led software available for the mac/osx

Thanx for any replies :)

2. GermanyChris macrumors 601

GermanyChris

The Adobe Creative Suite comes to mind..

3. simsaladimbamba

What do you want to create? Music, drawings, films, formulas, ...?
    Have you taken a look at iLife?

4. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

Assume it is not poems you want to create as you'd only need some paper and a pencil. But what is it?

5. Totty1987 thread starter macrumors regular

Dunno, I guess short films or some sort of interactive website. I'm just pondering whether I can justify paying so much for a macbook. My current Windows laptop, which I've had since 2005 has slowed down considerably. :confused:

:(

6. simsaladimbamba

You can do the same in Mac OS X as in Windows, and a Windows laptop is cheaper, though the reasons are worse built quality and battery life and being heavier. If you don't know what you want to create how, a Mac might not make it easier, though the inclusion of iLife, thus iMove and iWeb, are a big plus compared to Windows.
    You could also look at the refurbished section of the Apple Online Store or look for used MBPs if you really want to use Mac OS X.

For me Mac OS X is the clear winner in being the more productive OS, due to less visual distractions and better implementation of using multiple applications and windows (I can run 25 or more applications and still find what I am looking for). But that is just me and how my brain is wired.

Maybe have a look here to learn more about Mac OS X and see, if you can and want to live with it, as in the end, it comes down to the OS:

7. Totty1987 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you so much for the advice. I'll take a look at the link you posted.