Creative speakers

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Hurd111, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Hurd111 macrumors member

Hello,

:)

Im new to the forums, but I've been a mac user for a long time. I was just in need for an opinion on these.

What I will be using them for is music and recording. I want a really good sound, but I can't spend a lot of money. Suggestions?

thanks! :)

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Welcome to the forums! :D

Anyway, those speakers seem pretty good for that price. you get 2 channels and subwoofer. All for $30. You won't be able to get "excellent" speakers for this kind of price. Unless you are an audiophile, these speakers should be fine for your needs.

3. Hurd111 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply.

I'll probably go with these. :)

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

For $30 you are going to have some difficult finding a price match. These would be an alternative in that price range. It seems hard to expect to do sound editing with these, you might consider spending some money on headphones if that was the case to do that.

5. harinezumi macrumors member

as thegoldenmackid said these speakers are not so well suited for editing and making music. you could use these speakers to listen to music or for playing games and watching movies but its not really for music production.

i make music myself and i used to use a normal hi-fi and it wasnt so great. now i upgraded to a pair of monitor speakers by yamaha (HS50m) these are great value for money and you can even set up your own 5.1 system.
    if your not willing to spend this much on a pair of speakers then get a decent headphone or a earphone. but many people say that headphones are better than earphones because they say it has a better soundstage but i think my UE10pros are good enough.

i hope this helps.

6. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Headphones will always be better for pure sound the earphones because they can have bigger well positioned drivers as opposed to compact speakers like the monitors.

7. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Headphones will always be better for pure sound the earphones because they can have bigger well positioned drivers as opposed to compact speakers like the IEM's.