Creative Suite 3 & Spaces... problems...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by tomoisyourgod, Feb 14, 2008.

1. tomoisyourgod macrumors regular

I've just got a Macbook Pro - 2.4GHz SR etc...

I've installed Creative suite, and using my usual programs being Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks and Photoshop, I've assigned each program with a Space. Dreamweaver and Fireworks share the same Space.

Safari, Mail and Finder have another.

It's is a very powerful machine, however, it tends to Spin the Rainbow Ball for a while when doing simple tasks such as saving small images for the web in Photoshop.

Other problems:- when going from Space to Space (say Safari then to Flash or Photoshop) all the workspace pallettes go missing in PS and FL, I have to go "Window" and "Workspace" and hit Default to get them all back.

Over all, I like the features in Leopard, but it does seem a little buggy and not quite ready. First thing I did as soon as it was out the box was install the software updates so it's now 10.5.2...

A machine of this spec shouldn't be behaving like this...

2. durija macrumors 6502

How much RAM do you have? That might be the issue. Don't even think about trying to run CS3, especially PhotoShop without at least 2 GB. I use 4 GB and it all runs pretty smooth.

3. notnek macrumors 6502

notnek

Just an FYI: I run multiple CS3 Apps on a 1st Gen. Macbook 2Ghz with only 1GB RAM. And I experience no beach balls. Just a note that you don't have to have a certain amount of RAM, though it is more efficient and a bit quieter to go ahead and have 2 or 4GB RAM.

On the other hand, I have not assigned the different Apps to different Spaces. I would suggest putting normal Apps in one space, and CS3 Apps in another space.

4. tomoisyourgod thread starter macrumors regular

On my iMac - purchased in October 2006, 1GB of RAM, Tiger, I don't have these problems this bad...

I have 2GB of RAM in the Macbook Pro - brand new...

5. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

The spaces issue is common for CS3 and Spaces.

A trick I just learned today from someone else on Macrumors for PS is....when you go back to the PS space and see no palettes....hit Tab twice to hide then show them.

-Kevin
    I think that's a different key in Flash.