Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zachnelson

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
Pending the release of the 6th-generation iPhone, I plan to give my 4S to my sister.

What are some creative ways to gift it to her?

j.dstasio

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2009
South Jersey
Somehow get her sim card into the iPhone (with roomate, boyfriend, etc's help possibly) and while hanging out with her set the iphone on the table. Excuse yourself, saying you need to make an important call. Leave the room and call her.

Alternate, with her sim card in the iPhone & her phone hidden somehow ask to borrow her phone when she can't find it, offer to call "her phone" wait for the confusion & smiles when the iPhone rings.

zachnelson

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
Somehow get her sim card into the iPhone (with roomate, boyfriend, etc's help possibly) and while hanging out with her set the iphone on the table. Excuse yourself, saying you need to make an important call. Leave the room and call her.

Alternate, with her sim card in the iPhone & her phone hidden somehow ask to borrow her phone when she can't find it, offer to call "her phone" wait for the confusion & smiles when the iPhone rings.

I'm on Verizon, I can just enter some numbers in a website and it changes everything afaik.

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
I'm on Verizon, I can just enter some numbers in a website and it changes everything afaik.

I've always wondered how to do something like this on Verizon as well. Let's say I wanted to use someones (gift recipients) upgrade and buy them an iPhone only without them knowing, would that be possible?

Or let's say they were on a family plan, could I just plot with the account owner and upgrade one of the lines without the recipient knowing?

Sounds confusing, I know.

----------

This is an awesome idea!

zachnelson

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
I've always wondered how to do something like this on Verizon as well. Let's say I wanted to use someones (gift recipients) upgrade and buy them an iPhone only without them knowing, would that be possible?

Or let's say they were on a family plan, could I just plot with the account owner and upgrade one of the lines without the recipient knowing?

Sounds confusing, I know.

----------

This is an awesome idea!

I'm pretty sure, when I add my 6th generation to my line using the ESN, and then my 4S becomes free and simply add the 4S to her line using the ESN and place a call from each to verizon to download new data to the sims and I'm off!

I think?

----------

how old is your sister? That would help.

15. :d

cyks

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2002
Westchester County, NY
If it were for my sister...

I'd put the iPhone back in it's original box and wrap it heavily with plastic wrap, find a larger cardboard shipping box, and, with a $5 can of expanding foam sealant, completely encase the iPhone box within the hardening foam. Then it's just a matter of closing the cardboard box, gift wrapping it appropriately, and giving it to my loving sis.

Of course, make sure the phone is still active so you can call it and make the box ring. Wish her good luck as an archaeologist, sit back, and enjoy the show.

Perhaps it's not the nicest thing to do (or safest depending on how carefully she can dig), but if I were to give a few hundred dollar item to my sis, I'd make sure she had to work for it.

aztooh

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2011
I'm pretty sure, when I add my 6th generation to my line using the ESN, and then my 4S becomes free and simply add the 4S to her line using the ESN and place a call from each to verizon to download new data to the sims and I'm off!

I think?

----------

unless you're authorized to make changes to her account, you're not going to be able to do that.

moosquared

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2010

This. Pretty neat idea! :D
Steal her ringtone too. So she'll know that "her" phone is ringing.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Which ever way you decide to gift her your iPhone I'm sure she'll be grateful, and will eye up your new iPhone 5 thinking that ones next ! Lol.

Orange Crane

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2012
blankeezheroweb_1.jpg
petpetterhero.web.jpg

Etc
http://www.prankpack.com

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
Put it in a slushie and when she's done with the slushie, you can kick her and say "your iPhone is inside!"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.