credit approval

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mellish, Jun 18, 2008.

1. mellish macrumors newbie

Aug 28, 2007
    whats up guys. i was just wondering..

when i walk into the att store on july 11 and sign up for a contract, do they have to approve my credit or anything or do they just jot down my credit card number...

sorry if the answer is obvious..this would be the first time i sign up for a plan by myself. thanks.
  2. mrwizardno2 macrumors 6502a

Jun 19, 2007
    Columbus, OH
    I'm pretty sure they do a credit pull - you have to give them your SSN, which I don't know what else they'd use for other than ID or credit check
  3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

Aug 28, 2007
    San Francisco California, USA
    Get ready for the routine credit check, and have mom and dad standby just in case. Might need a cosigner or someone with good credit to walk out of the Apple Store or the AT&T Store with the new 3G iPhone. That's why so many would go the "Go Phone" route. In the states, SSN, major CC, physical address, landline, and references. Good luck. :eek:
  4. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

Feb 23, 2006
    Ft. Lauderdale
    For current AT&T customers they will NOT run another credit check..

For NEW customers, yes a credit check will be performed..
  5. Nde macrumors 6502a

Feb 12, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Slightly off the topic, but the credit check is just a bunch of Bull Crap (capital B, Bull Crap.) It's bull that I can call international all day and run up the bill. How about just shut off my phone when my minutes are up.

I just hate giving my SSN to some ATT dude running some crappy Wifi security in an Apple store. While a hacker outside the Apple store sniffing your credit traffic.