credit card accepting by iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zzamud, Jul 27, 2011.

1. zzamud macrumors member

looking into accepting c.c. by iphone for my business.
    currently in the market for c.c. acceptance terminals and came across a few for iphone.
    found one from SQUARE and seems to be practical for the 4-5 times i use a month.
    cannot find any office numbers for square to contact and answer my questions.

anyone use the square terminal?

other cost effective options for a iphone terminal?

2. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Several of the new food truck in Dallas use Square and they seem to happy with them so far. (one truck is owned by fellow Church members)

A few seconds of Googling turns up their website with an FAQ and a link to send them an e-mail with further questions.

3. zzamud thread starter macrumors member

i emaild then a few hours ago and still waitn for a response.
    was looking to see if anyone here had and reviews or comments about them or others

4. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Not saying you shouldn't ask for reviews in this forum, just pointing out your comment about a lack of a phone #. And I think a few hours without a response sounds perfectly reasonble considering how much they've been blowing up. I would expect a response within 24 hours if it were me.

While you wait for reviews from users here, try Googling "Square reviews". I found the following:

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/re...-square-credit-card-reader-second-generation/

"Square’s strengths offset that weakness by a factor of 5 to 1. Start with the lack of any sign-up, set-up, or monthly recurring fee, which other credit card reader providers assess in different ways: Mophie’s Marketplace accessory, which is sold in versions separately designed for the iPhone 3G/3GS and iPhone 4, starts at $80 for a case and adds $13 per month for Intuit GoPayment service. Square has none of this; it will actually ship you a Reader for free when you download the app and sign up for the free account, and then gladly ship additional Readers to friends you contact using the app."

5. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

Square looks really nice, especially with their lack of monthly fees, but from what I read in the App Store reviews they have terrible customer support; no phone line and it takes hours to receive an email back.

6. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Oh yeah, meant to mention app store reviews.

You might jump on Twitter and ask @nammitruck and @ssahmbbq what their experiences have been so far.

The company is blowing up so I'm guessing they are having a hard time keeping up w/ customer service.

7. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

I use Square for my photography business. It works great.

8. zzamud thread starter macrumors member

yeah im reading their customer service needs aome attention

so for those who have it? ever run into problems? how did u get them addressed?

9. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

Go with Square, I have been with them for a year. They are great. I use them for deliveries for my restaurant. You can't beat there fees.

I have contacted there customer service a few times with suggestions and other things, never problems with the service and have always gotten a fairly timely helpful response.

10. CmdrThor macrumors member

I haven't used it personally, but I went to school with some of the guys at Innerfence who make the Credit Card Terminal for iPhone. You should check them out for a comparison: http://www.innerfence.com/.

11. Azzin macrumors 68040

Hi folks, does anyone know if there's a system like Square for taking payments in the UK (Square is US only)?

Cheers.

12. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

Downside: costs $25/mo plus fees that are close to Square's fees. Square doesn't charge me unless I use it, even then it's only 2.75%.

13. kfergiez macrumors 6502

kfergiez

I use square, and I think it's fantastic. No monthly fees, and a flat rate. It's incredibly easy to use, and as far as customer support goes, I've e-mailed them twice, and got a reply before the day was done. You get what you pay for.

14. CmdrThor macrumors member

Fair enough, just wanted to throw out the option :)

15. claudsimms macrumors newbie

I looked into this about a month ago and ended up going with pay anywhere. http://payanywhere.com/ . It is similar to square but has a more reliable card reader(in my opinion). Hope I helped:cool:

16. zzamud thread starter macrumors member

looking into payanywhere now
    have u delt with customer service yet?
    if so comments about it?