Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boilermaker_coday

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
Hey guys, just a quick question for your input about IP5 cases. I am looking for a case that I can put my student ID in when I take it to work out, and I also need it to offer good protection for my iPhone 5. Obviously it's not going to be the same caliber as Otterbox, but some protection would be nice.

meistervu

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
Speck FlexCard is a very protective case. The back is bombproof. The sides are thick rubber so will probably survive a 10' fall easily (not sure about your phone though - just kidding :). The front has a decent lip so unless you drop the phone face down flat on an uneven surface, chances are it will survive.

Boilermaker_coday

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
Wow I really like both of the cases, especially the stowaway! It looks to offer the same amount of protection as an Otterbox! However, both of the phones are made for iPhone 4/4s. But I will, however, keep my eye on these models to see when they come out with versions for the new 5.

edit: Nevermind, just did some googling and they are both available for iPhone 5

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.