Credit Card charged for AppleCare

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by kshitijshah, Apr 15, 2015.

1. kshitijshah macrumors member

Today my credit card was charged $53 each for Apple Care on both my orders - one Sports with White band scheduled for May 13-27th and two Sports SG scheduled for June. Does this mean the orders are moving earlier and both could be clubbed together when shipped?

2. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

nope. just means Apple charged you ahead of time for Applecare

3. simsdaniel macrumors regular

Nope, I was charged for Apple Care also as soon as I placed my order. The charge will likely go away then come back when your Watch ships along with the other charges you have with your order.

4. Givmeabrek, Apr 15, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2015

Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Edit: It's a pending transaction so they haven't taken the money yet. Not sure it has any meaning but it does get my hopes up a bit.

5. kshitijshah thread starter macrumors member

I had placed my pre-order on April 10th in the first few hours. Wonder why I did not get charged for Apple Care then? My sense is we might be bumped up. Otherwise no point charging today for orders which ship in May and June. Today they have taken the money (it wasn't a pre-autorization)

6. FelicityW macrumors regular

No, it means Apple gets to earn interest on your money while you wait for your watches.

7. Mr.C macrumors 601

You're reading way too much into it. That's not going happen as a result of this movement.

8. SixtyK macrumors 6502a

SixtyK

My credit card showed a "Temporary Authorization" of $53 and change within 24 hours of ordering my watch. The $53 was never reflected on my available credit and has since been removed from my statement.

Basically, Apple ran an authorization through to verify that the credit card information is valid before proceeding with the order. It is not an indication that an order has shipped or might be about to ship.

9. brandon726 macrumors newbie

AppleCare Charged on 4/24 - Watch Not Yet

Well, my 42mm SG sport is not arriving today :( No bellyaching. However my credit card was officially charged for apple care early this morning. No charge for watch yet. (this isn't the hold they ran when ordered on the 10th)

Anybody in same boat? See the watch charge come through yet?