Credit card declines?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleFan91, Sep 12, 2015.

1. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

So what happens if say Apple pushes through the charge for ~$800 and my card issuer declines it thinking its fraud. Does Apple give us a warning or do we just lose our place in line??

2. bwsteg macrumors 6502

Same thing happened to me last year. Go to apple websites, and click on orders. Change payment method. You don't lose your place in line

3. 0r30 macrumors 6502

0r30

4. boxermansr macrumors 6502

boxermansr

Do they at least email to let people know their card was declined? I'm not too worried, but you never know, given the time of day it was done (really early AM) and the amount (for those who paid retail).

I keep checking my status anyhow, just in case, and have alerts set to come to me if/when the charge hits my card (so far only a 1.01 pending charge has hit).

5. Mr.C macrumors 601

No one has been charged. Like most online retailers the payment is taken at dispatch and not before. What you're seeing is probably a temporary hold to make sure you have the funds before they process your order. Most likely it will released soon.

6. bwsteg macrumors 6502

Yes they email you if any payment issues occur..

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If its at a point of declining payment then its too late to change it, since apple prepping it for shipment.
    Apple doesn't charge your card until its ready to ship.