Credit Card not charged anymore?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ainjo1919, Jun 19, 2010.

1. ainjo1919 macrumors regular

So I preordered the iPhone 4 on Tuesday like around 1pm... everything went well and stuff, then I checked my credit card, and it was charged, or at least it said pending... My order status now says "prepared for shipment", and now that I check my credit card statement, I don't see the pending iPhone order there anymore. When will I get charged then? I thought it was already charged...Is this normal?

2. sfwalter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

Nope it was just pre-authorized. It will be charged when it ships. This is normal.

3. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

This is normal. The first charge was a preauthorization. They will charge you for the full amount when it ships. This is very common with online purchases, especially large ones.

4. Lamarak macrumors 6502

If its a true credit card, not debit with a logo, they can only put a hold on funds for a few days then have to release it and charge the day it is shipped, of course if you dont have the amount clear on that day, it will be canceled.

5. ainjo1919 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok thanks, I was getting scared already.

And by the way, I just read another thread like this on this page, ugh this is the second time I post something that has already been posted.

6. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Works the same way with debit cards. ;) Mine does it all the time.

7. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

This has been asked and answered so many times, it really should be sticky

8. ashley1496 macrumors regular

Yeah! Cause the same thing just happened to me and I totally freaked!

9. Krayzie116 macrumors 6502

I just got off the phone with att and the guy i talk to said since you use your debit we don't normaly do it but if you go to your bank and tell them you want them to hold your transaction from att i should be good. my order still good but he said it can be canceled since the transaction not on my bank account for att. man this really sucks oh and he said if it don't go through it would be canceld and was saying be like another month before i get another shot getting the new iphone 4 :(