Credit card question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lamarak, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Lamarak macrumors 6502

I want to preorder but atm about 200 shy to get phones for both wife and I. I made and extra payment to make room but hasn't hit as of yet.. Do they just check to see the card is valid or do I need the room open at the time of purchase? Thanks for any help.. also think I could add the apple care a few days later since I wont have the phone anyway till the 17 or so. Talking about the 99 plus coverage.

2. eff pc macrumors regular

You have to buy apple care + at time of purchase...

3. monaarts macrumors 65816

I'm not trying to be a butt hole but maybe you shouldn't order the phone then, if you can't actually afford it and your putting it on a maxed out card...? Then again, I'm not a fan of the American Way! :p

- Joe

4. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

no you dont you have until the warranty ends to purchase apple care

5. MacGurl111 macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

:)

----------

Okay! Thanks! :)

6. eff pc macrumors regular

With the new AppleCare+ it's only available at time of purchase. They changed the policy for it since it covers accidental damage..

7. rlpaolucci macrumors member

rlpaolucci

I thought you could buy the apple care within a year of your purchase? ...at least that's what an Appletech told me when I bought my iPod (bought early this year) & MacBook Pro (bought mid-August) this year...

8. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yeah I get paid tomorrow so I'm skipping the preorder tonight so I have extra $100 for appecare+. Don't want to put it on credit.

9. eff pc macrumors regular

That's still true for regular AppleCare but AppleCare+ (the only extended warranty offered for the iPhone) you have to get when you buy the phone. I would quote Apple but the store is down and I can't find anything on it somewhere else :)

10. rlpaolucci macrumors member

rlpaolucci

ohhh okay, I misunderstood on the AppleCare Plus...my bad :p
    Edit..well, not misunderstood, just didn't see the ' + and/or plus ' All I saw was applecare hah

11. AMGCLK65 macrumors member

well if u look at in the respect that you only live once! i guess why not!

12. MacGurl111 macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

With credit cards they do validate to make sure the funds are in. However I did hear that they don't take out the money until the item is about to ship. I could be wrong. So if you are short just a little I am sure it won't go through. Just wait and get it later. It wouldn't hurt and your card won't be maxxed out. :) Good luck.

13. andyx3x macrumors 65816

You know this isn't the way it works. Haven't you seen people driving around 50 thousand dollar automobiles who live in a trailer park?

14. Lamarak thread starter macrumors 6502

Ya your being a butt hole, we can afford it fine thank you, just rather use our one credit card for purchases like this than debit and cash, and why we keep it close to limit is our business. Not everything is as it seems.

15. blockburner28 macrumors 6502

blockburner28

So doesn't att.com /sprint.com have a option to buy it from apple care? or can I buy it when I receive my phone?

16. rlpaolucci macrumors member

rlpaolucci

you can buy the applecare plan up to a year after you purchase the phone..but from my understanding, if you want the applecare plus plan, you have to buy it when you buy the phone...

17. blockburner28 macrumors 6502

blockburner28

I hope they let me buy it friday cause I have no idea where to buy it from off the sprint site.

18. eff pc macrumors regular

They no longer offer the regular AppleCare for the iPhone. Just the AppleCare+ not sure how they are handling it with carrier pre-orders but m assuming there will be an option to add it.

19. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

Verizon still has AppleCare available to buy and I'm assuming they will also add the new one. You have to select it as an accessory.

20. rmlred macrumors regular

I think thats just a NC thing.

21. rlpaolucci macrumors member

rlpaolucci

okay. since when did they start doing this? i've never had the applecare plan for anything... i've debated on getting it for my macbook pro though. my 3Gs has gotten a good 2years of me using it. i recently dropped it (like 2 weeks ago) on my bathroom floor & the on/off button stopped working hah.