Credit Card Rewards

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by denm316, Mar 14, 2011.

1. denm316 macrumors 6502

I was curious as to what credit card everyone thought provided the best rewards program. My current Chase card doesn't provide any points/rewards/etc.

I currently never carry a balance so the APR doesn't bother me. So what does everyone think is the best? Or what will give me the best?

2. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I don't think there are any really good ones out there.

I have;

Best Buy CC = rewards are pretty meager unless you're a big spender
    BOA CC = I get 1% cash back on all purchases. Again, pretty meager but it's something.
    US Air Debit card from BOA - Haven't gotten this one yet however I'd imagine it'll take forever to get a free ticket using this thing.

I think the best one is simply to find one that you'll use frequently and would actually benefit from the rewards, i.e. hotels, airfare, cash back, etc. I'm phasing out the Best Buy card as they have failed me on more than one occassion so I'll stick with the US Air Debit/BOA 1% cash back for now and see how that pans out.

3. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I use AMEX cash back card. It give like .5% on all purchases and 1% on everyday (food, phx and gas) on the first 6500 and then like 1.5 and 5 after that.
    I do not know what the APR is on the card as I have never carried a balance on it.
    I route almost everything threw that card if I can.

if used correctly cc are great tools. For me I use my cc as a way to keep track of my spending

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I have an Amex where for each $2,500 I spend I get a $25 AmEx gift card, so it's basically like a 1% cash back.

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

All my Chase cards (2 credit, 1 debit) offer rewards. In fact, I can combine points from all three. Call them.

6. denm316 thread starter macrumors 6502

I agree about them being "good". I figure I am using the card so I mights as well try to get something.

It seems as though the most common thing is 1% cash back.

7. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

My Citi Mastercard gives 1% on all purchases with rotating categories (quarterly basis) giving up to 5%.

I use my Amex more heavily most of the time though because I always get 3% cashback on restaurants, gas, and travel expenses (plus a lot of free travel insurance and perks), and 1% on all other purchases.

8. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

I used to be all about points, but have recently just gone to using my AMEX. I like the fact I can use points at Amazon. My Discover is nice, with every 3 months being 5% back from a different category (grocery, auto, restaurants, theaters, etc), but I just like AMEX more.

I actually think that AMEX and Amazon are my two most liked companies, so I guess I should be labeled as a fanboy.

9. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

In Canada ScotiaBank offers a SCENE card, which lets you collect points that are redeemable for free movie tickets/concession snacks. Not a big deal, but the upshot is that you actually get to see your use pay off more frequently, since movie tickets are a pretty small-ticket item.

Also nice because a trip for two to the movies can be a $50 outing otherwise... :eek: