credit card using Apple online store

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by wesrk, Nov 11, 2007.

1. wesrk macrumors 6502a

I have a bit of a singular problem here, I am from Mexico and currently live in the US, while I'm in grad school. I want to buy a MB or MBP through the apple online store because I want a spanish keyboard, but I can't pay for is using a credit card that was issued outside the US (my cc is from Mexico) and while I do have a bank account here it has a 1,000 charge limit so I can't use that one either.

I could try and see those same machines in Mexico but I live in a not so big city and the updates might not be there, and even if they are, I would be paying about 37~43 % more for the same spects, and while I do have a bit over 2,000 dlls, I don't have 2,700 which is what I would end up paying over there.

Can you think of a way to work around this problem? or solve it? I will call my bank on tuesday and see if that limit can go up, but I would also like to hear you guys and see if you have a solution or idea.

Thanks

2. freediverdude macrumors 6502a

One idea is to take enough money out of your bank account gradually over several days to purchase the computer in cash, or use the cash to then purchase a US prepaid visa or mastercard.

3. mojopixel macrumors 6502

mojopixel

Why don't you apply for a US credit card?