Credit Card Warranty vs. Applecare

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by beginner0, Jun 14, 2007.

1. beginner0 macrumors member

I am about to get a MBP and I know that my credit card doubles the default warranty (up to an extra of one year, so in this case, 1+1=2 years in total, btw, a lot of credit cards do this, so it's a free one year of warranty). Would 2 years of warranty be enough? Because after the credit card warranty it seems pointless spending all those money to just get one extra year. Is there something that I will be missing without buying the Applecare? (e.g. I heard about getting a MB after the iBook is broken but still within Applecare range?)

Also, I heard that the educational discount is different from Higher Educational discount? I am a university student and usually I just click on Education and enter my ID and university to see the discounted price, is that normal educational discount or HE discount?

Thanks.

2. beginner0 thread starter macrumors member

I was thinking more of the hardware fixes. I am less worried about the technical troubleshooting since there are always forums and I can generally get around computers fine.

3. sw1tcher macrumors 65816

sw1tcher

The credit card warranty might have a slower turn around time. If you need to get your computer back up and running fast, go with AppleCare.