Credit Cards

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dukebound85, Jul 28, 2008.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

So I just got my updated card for MC. I used to have a Platinum Select card but now have a Diamond Preferred card. I was curious if any of you knew the difference? I tried looking them up online but hard to get facts about the cards

Also, would you recommend getting an American Express card?

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Probably best to call the issuing bank and ask. There are a million banks out there and they all have their own versions of select, platinum, diamond, gold, premium, and whatever else they can come up with.

No idea about Amex, I'll let someone answer that.

3. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

Yes to Amex. I use my Amex Platinum for all of my big electronics purchases. It doubles the manufacturers warranty. I also travel a bit, so the 450 dollar annual fee is fine for me, because I get lounge service at major airports. If you want a no annual fee card that lets you keep a balance the Blue card is a good one. I carried that for a while, before I upgraded. Also, thinking about a Discover More card. For the next three months I'm earning 5% back on gas (20+ cents a gallon) and hotels. Then, it switches to 5% back from restaurants and grocery stores.

Play the game, earn rewards and always pay in full.

4. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

i have gotten offers from Amex for the bluesky card. is that the same as blue?

5. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

Same premise, but I think the rewards are only for airlines/travel. A quick look at the American Express website would answer that for you.