Credit check

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by irmatt, Sep 7, 2007.

1. irmatt macrumors newbie

If I fail the credit check via itunes during a new att account activation on purpose can i later use an iphone unlocking program and use it with rogers in canada?:confused:

2. blasius macrumors newbie

blasius

i'm not even sure if they do a credit check... my credit isn't THAT good and i had no problems

3. jt2ga65 macrumors regular

They claim they do.

AT&T, and pretty much all other carriers will do a credit check. I've known a couple guys that could not get a cell phone, but your credit score has to be something like -400.

I also don't think you can fail a credit check on purpose. You could try to give someone else's information, or try to make up a SSN, but I'm not so certain that it isn't highly illegal to do such.

-jt2

4. freediverdude macrumors 6502a

I got an iphone last night (yea! joined the club), and I was surprised, I failed the credit check on itunes (I have average credit, in the 600s). So who knows. But at least I'm not locked into a contract now, I just took the prepaid.

5. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

my uncle failed? somehow? and he has never gotten at&t before?

6. MAW macrumors regular

what's the rate on your plan, if you don't mind me asking.:)

7. JMD123 macrumors member

If your credit is bad enough that you cant pass you should not be buying an expensive iphone. Go get the free phone that comes with a phone plan.

8. Canuck4 macrumors 6502a

Canuck4

First of all you cant even try to activate a phone if you put a canadian address.
    Second if you fail the credit check then your phone is still locked.
    So either way if you want to use it in canada the only thing you can do is find some unlocking software and hack it to work with your provider up there.

9. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

Years ago I couldnt get an account with ATT without a $500 per line deposit with credit score around 630 at the time. However I was able to finance a $30k vehicle at 0% interest. Go figure.

10. Canuck4 macrumors 6502a

Canuck4

Pay your bills on time so you wont have to worry about it next time :D