Credit Score

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tbee, Jun 15, 2010.

1. tbee macrumors newbie

Could my credit score have been hurt because of all the processing requests that were unable to go through? I'm just wondering because when it finally did go through, it said I needed a 500$ deposit. And before any of this, I had amazing credit. So, I'm confused.:confused:

2. DmbShn41 macrumors 6502

I had pretty decent credit two years ago when the 3G came out, and AT&T still asked me to throw down $500 a line. I was told by the Apple rep selling me the phones that I needed a 700 Beacon score or more to not have to put a deposit down. Two weeks after that, I closed on my house with $0 down, 3.75% interest, and a 670 credit score. Go figure...speaking of which, not to hijack, but is that a deposit, as in such that I get that $500 per line back when my contract is over?

3. tbee thread starter macrumors newbie

My credit score cleared that :( wow this is so frustrating. & i'm also wondering the same thing now...

4. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

It wouldn't show a credit inquiry unless you were opening a brand new account. If you upgrade or add a line then typically there is no credit check. The additional line would be opened based on your billing history with AT&T. Now i do think if your account has been opened for less than 6 months, Then you could be subject to a deposit. But if it's been longer there should be no deposit unless you were Late,broke a payment arrangement or had a returned check and been "Hotlined".

If it's just an upgrade there is never a credit check.

5. tbee thread starter macrumors newbie

I am opening a brand new account, switching from verizon :eek: .. well trying to!

6. jyj macrumors member

I had to put down $500 for my 3G because I was new to the country and didn't have any credit history. I got the money back as a cheque (though, I called to make sure i got a CHEQUE and not credit to my account) after a year of service and paying the bill on time.

7. tbee thread starter macrumors newbie

Is it automatic after a year of service if you always pay your bill on time, or do you like have to call & deal with asking/requesting for it?

8. youngplaya0228 macrumors regular

That can't be right. I signed up for At&t around 19 and i didn't pay a dime. And I sure as hell didn't have anything close to 700 (or really any credit at all besides my Sprint bill and one credit card).

They said it was because i stayed the 2 years on Sprint and didn't miss any payments.

9. SteveSparks macrumors 6502a

SteveSparks

Their are lots of factors, if you are young and have ok credit that is good, if you are older 25+ and have good its not the same since you should be getting better.

Best thing todo is get 1 or 2 cards, use them, pay them off every month when you are just starting and it will grow with you.

10. jyj macrumors member

I think it will happen automatically...but don't quote me on that. The reason I called is because I didn't want to end up with a $500 credit on my AT&T account - instead of a cheque in hand.

11. tbee thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay thank you:) Ah. Such a hassle, but I guess it's worth it :p:cool: