Credit ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JForestZ34, Jul 15, 2008.

1. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

Just a quick question guys.. I've been mulling over getting the new iphone or not, and I came to this conclusionn.. I'M GETTING ONE... I currently with T-mobile and want to switch to AT&T.. My question is this I went into the store and they didn't have any left.. No big deal I can wait a little bit, the guy told me I could order one and when it comes in they will call me.. Ok I gave him all my info and he said all I had to pay $212 after tax.. does that mean I got approved for a no deposit for my service... I didn't pick the plan yet but he said I will do all that when the phone comes in.. Does that sound right.. I have good creidt but I really don't want to have to pay a deposit.. I don't think they would have charged my card only $212 if I needed a deposit right.?

James

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

You should have specifically asked him if he ran a credit check. That's the only way you'll know for sure.

It's possible for an AT&T rep to run a check and see what deposit, if any, you'll have to put down without activating service. So if you're unsure, get prequalified.

3. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Have you been good in paying your T-mobile bills on time? If so, you're probably fine.

It sounds though like you've only put money down for the phone and that they're waiting to run your credit check when you actually sign-up. After all, the worst scenario that occurs if you fail the check and you don't want to put down a deposit is that they'd have an extra iPhone in stock to sell.

4. JForestZ34 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks

Thanks for the responce guys.. On my receipt it does say AT&T pre-approved credit check with an order ID number next to it.. Does that mean I got pre-approved?

James

5. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

i think so. did u ever give them your social security num. cus if u did it would be for a credit check

6. JForestZ34 thread starter macrumors 6502a

yes

Yes I gave them my SSN. And He asked me my billing address and everything else that they ask.. All he said after that is which one I wanted.. I told him and he said the would call and send an e-mail when it got to the store..

James

7. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

then im assuming they ran a credit check. thats what they need the SSN for. i dont think they use it for anything besides that. good for u, and have fun with your iphone. im working on convincing my parents. i just found out i wouldnt have to pay a deposit either