Crekote an iphone, or ipad?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aggiesrwe03, Jul 16, 2014.

1. aggiesrwe03 macrumors regular

So I just got finished plastidipping my Macbook, and it turned out pretty awesome, but I want something a bit more permanent on my phone and iPad. Has any one done this? I can't find anything online where they have, just curious how it turned out. I have several firearms that are created, and it is extremely durable, thinking about ditching the bulky cases and just doing the crekote.

2. cynics macrumors G4

I'm assuming you mean cerakote.

Anyway cerakote will be less durable on an iPhone then the anodized finish is, just like with a firearm.

The prep would be a nightmare too assuming you are going to remove the housing from the phone.

3. aggiesrwe03 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes CreAkote, iOS does not like that word lol. I'm ok with the prep work, just curious if there are any examples floating around out there.

4. cynics macrumors G4

Cerakote lol

To the best of my knowledge no. However if firearms are your think Magpul makes an iPhone case. I never used one but still pretty neat they make one. Lol

5. aggiesrwe03 thread starter macrumors regular

FML I'm not gonna attempt to spell it again even though last try was my mistake hahahaha. I had that case for my 4, I think I got it as a promo for buying two mags, that was back when they were inexpensive...oh how I miss those days lol. Side story I also got a free pair of 5.11 socks with the boots I bought that same day lol. Thanks for the info, let me know if you come across anything, if not I'll try it and post some pics eventually.