Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hman319

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2013
Hey there fellow iPhone users. I know you guys probably have people ask this question a million times on here so I apologize in advance. I'm looking into getting the iPhone 5 for the T-Mobile Monthly 4G plan. The $30 plan that features 100 minutes talk unlimited text and 5GB 4G data after that unlimited 2G. I did some looking around and saw that the Cricket Wireless iPhone is about $150 cheaper than most other sites. My question is, is there any way to buy the iPhone 5 from Cricket, use it on their network for a month (because they make you pay for the 1st month when buying it) and than use it on T-mobile's monthly 4G plans thereafter? I understand Verizon sells the iPhone unlocked, however the price at Cricket is significantly cheaper. Looking forward to hearing the responses. Thanks!

rattler

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2011
No, the iPhone is locked to Cricket's network and can't be used with any other provider (unless it's outside the US, then it's unlocked for international use).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.