Criminal Skills at Mac Rumors?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mr.light, Mar 25, 2008.

1. mr.light macrumors 6502

Has this happened to anyone else? I tried to access Mac Rumors at work today and got the following message. I didn't know this was such a deviant place!:eek:

Attached Files:

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

3. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

Perhaps the implied message is that you are stealing time from your employer...

4. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

The man-dog at the back appears to have bitten his own tongue off. Now that's proper hardcore villainy, painful self-mutilation with a smile...

5. mr.light thread starter macrumors 6502

Not likely. It was my lunch time after all. They just installed this new system to keep the students off of inappropriate sites. I just thought it was funny that they classified Mac Rumors as a site that Teaches and promotes "Criminal Activity"

6. vanmacguy macrumors 6502a

From a Google search of NetSweeper filtering categories...

<SNIP>
    1.2.4. Criminal Skills
    Criminal Skills includes instructions or methods that promote, encourage, or provide the skills to do anything that is generally considered to be illegal, criminal, harmful to the general public, and/or that are forbidden by laws. This category does not necessarily reflect the laws of any particular region or country. This category includes sites that promote academic cheating or software hacking/key breaking. It typically excludes any site that deals with the prevention of criminal activity.
    </SNIP>

I occasionally see posts here about cracking iPhone etc. So maybe that's where the categorization came from?

Cheers.

7. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

I notice that the URL that's actually displayed in the screenshots is http://applerumors.com. Is that what you typed into your browser? What happens if you try to access http://macrumors.com directly?

8. mr.light thread starter macrumors 6502

I just noticed that. Interesting because it is one of many bookmarked tabs that open at once. The URL in my Bookmarks is applerumors.com ( not sure why this is) but it still brings me here. I will try macrumors.com tomorrow and see what happens.