Critic receiver performance?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Aekman, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Aekman macrumors newbie

Hi guys

I'm looking to get a new Macbook and am hoping to do some work from home using Citrix. The only thing I'm worried about is the potential for it to have sluggish performance. Does anyone have experience using Citrix on their MacBook 12inch?

2. finsfanscott macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I use Citrix receiver on my 2016 Macbook to access my company's servers for access to Lotus Notes, some intraweb (secured) sites, Microsoft Office (pivot tables with 'slicers' and their associated graphs don't always come across to the Mac version of Excel correctly) and one or two proprietary internal programs. For these programs, there is no problem running them on the Macbook.

There is about a 1/3 to 1/2 second delay between things I do in Citrix and the response I get from the server. I suspect this is a result of the connection, not the Citrix software.

For comparison, I run the same Citrix environment on my iMac (late 2015, M395 card, 32G ram, 3.3G i5) and can't tell the difference between the iMac and the Macbook in terms of response.

Hope this helps!