Critical Issues Plaguing iOS 7 (list current as of build 11A4435D)

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by whocaresit, Jul 30, 2013.

1. whocaresit macrumors 6502a

iOS 7 still has some very glaring issues that need to be addressed.

1) Home screen icon animation does not accept touch input until the animation completes. Power users are most devastated by this. :eek:

2) The full screen video volume indicator blurs the video in the center of screen while it's on screen.

What issues are affecting you the most?

2. jeremiah239 macrumors 6502a

jeremiah239

I agree with your first bug I can't stand this, but in sure before the public release it will be fixed. :)

3. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

You and I have different definitions of critical. My phone not working is critical. The animation is not.
    If you give me your bug report number, I'd be happy to include them in my report.

4. ShUpAC macrumors member

My iPhone 5 has restarted itself twice randomly since updating to beta 4. I think that qualifies as critical? :p

5. naigamy macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 4s where I cant activate facetime and iMessage which is weird as it is activated in the iPad also in iOS 7 Beta 4. Anyone know a word around? It always error in activating. Try again

6. falconeight Guest

falconeight

7. MountainJew macrumors member

MountainJew

Basically, they're a bunch of users who know every aspect of the phone and think of themselves as Apple engineers who feel the need to demand obscure features that most consumers do not want.

8. falkedup macrumors regular

Is anyone else having an issue with not being able to pull down the notification shade when recieving a text?

iPhone 4S beta 4

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

Or in this case simply use their phone to do something rather than to pointlessly look at its animations or show it all off in some way.

10. atlatnesiti macrumors 6502a

None :)
    Btw; There is iOS 7 bug thread already, or haven't you noticed...

11. pottyvick macrumors regular

You have to drag from the bottom of the notification when receivng a text... works on my iphone 5...

12. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Hardly critical. File a bug report its easy. Listing bugs on a forum that Apple will never read isn't going to do much.

13. nikicampos macrumors 6502a

The word "Critical" has lost its meaning since people without knowledge of what betas are for started using them.

14. cleo1 macrumors regular

The delay (0.5 sec) between the pressing of the home button and the onset of the quitting animation is grievously unacceptable.

15. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

Agreed. This one's pretty bad.

16. Neitin macrumors newbie

Email Push not working

I am not sure if anyone else has this problem, emails are not getting pushed to the phone, I have exchange email and outlook email, both don't get push.

17. Gogurt48 macrumors 6502a

Gogurt48

But necessary. It's waiting to see if you're going to double-tap to open the app switcher. I really don't think there's any way around this.

18. antoxicion macrumors newbie

MacRumor newbie here, but not to iOS. I've tried everything to get this to work. My next option is going to be a restore, performing a backup now.

Curious though, are you on Verizon on an iPhone 4S? :confused:

19. WordMasterRice macrumors 6502a

It isn't, multitasking has been around for quite a while and there was never a long delay before.

I absolutely agree with point #1 though, it seems like it takes forever for the animation to end, I think I tap the messages app at least 3 or 4 times before it will actually register, even though all of the apps are in place.

20. falconeight Guest

falconeight

Are you power user?

21. Gogurt48 macrumors 6502a

Gogurt48

I agree with that, too. I've been told that the APIs support registering the tap before the animation finishes, so hopefully we won't see this lag in the GM.