Criticize my Apple-feedback: MBP 3rd party hd incompatibility with EFI 1.7 update

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tkermit, Aug 11, 2009.

1. tkermit, Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2011

tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

Do you all think this is appropriate to send as feedback to Apple?

[...]

2. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

I wouldn't send that to Apple personally. They want to sell their own HDD's first. Not have people buying 3rd party ones therefore Apple loses money.

3. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Just exchange it for the 17" mbp (doesnt have the SATA-II issue whatsoever) and no need for firmware 1.7.

Thats what I did.

4. tkermit thread starter macrumors 68030

tkermit

You're right of course regarding their incentives. But at some point the customer's choice won't be to also buy the HD from Apple, but to buy the whole laptop from another manufacturer ?! They should either flat-out forbid swapping the HD (and you watch for the justified outcry then) or adhere to the standard. Are you saying you wouldn't mind Apple continuing down a road where you can't even put a standard hard drive in your Apple laptop anymore? I'm still hoping it's just a bug, by the way...

Oh, I haven't bought anything yet. I'm still running on my trusty white Macbook from '06. It cracks but at least it's working.

I'm certainly in the market for a 13"/15" MBP though. 17" is way too big for me.

5. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I thought the 17" was HUGE when I first started using it, especially coming from a 10" samsung netbook. But after a week now it seems small again. Now when I hold a 17" or use it, it feels like a 15" again. Just a thought.

6. tkermit thread starter macrumors 68030

tkermit

I always feel like Mini Me when looking at the 17 incher :eek: .