Critique and suggestions

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by ercw, May 4, 2008.

1. ercw macrumors regular

2. ClassicBean macrumors 6502a

I like it. I am considering the Canon HV20 myself. I don't plan to shoot anything major - just home videos and whatnot. Was that shot using the camera's 24fps mode?

3. ercw thread starter macrumors regular

no, just HD, I haven't played with 24 P so much yet

4. grooveattack macrumors 6502a

its a dam good start well done. Are you studying media or just decided to get into it? all i suggest is looking into how you set up the story ( yes it is a story) and maybe getting the opening credit shots sorted into one cool tight little sequence would be nice, just to set it up abit more and set the scene. but other wise good. nice start. and HD was a good choice!! keep up the good work!

5. ercw thread starter macrumors regular

thank you very much.
    I'm not studying , just kind of self taught, thanks for the advice.

6. ClassicBean macrumors 6502a

When you test it out, let me know how it is. Overall, how do you like the camera?

7. ercw thread starter macrumors regular

I think it's by far the best for the money. I will by a second one here soon.

8. AndySutton macrumors newbie

Wow! That looks and sounds fantastic. Well done. I've been thinking about getting a HV20 - what are you using to cut the footage. It looks amazingly sharp on Vimeo.

The sound the IV's are great as well. Nicely cut as well.

Check my vid out - it's my competition entry to win a camcorder - sadly only on Youtube. HERE

Thanks,

Andy.

9. ercw thread starter macrumors regular

Andy, I have seen your video before! in fact it inspired me to look at that archive web site, amazing stuff. You should use Vimeo, much better that Youtube. I 'm using Final cut express.