Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iostream.h

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 4, 2004
Albuquerque, NM
I've been working on an icon for my iPod utility, "iJuicer". Please tell me what you think, and what I could to to make it better (if anything).

Thanks.

ijuicer.jpg

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
I think it looks really cool. The only observation that is perhaps slightly critical is that virtually all icons I see are roughly square or round to maximize the apparent size - by using something more rectangular, your icon will appear smaller at a given height.

Of course, that might make it stand out more.

Vader

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2004
Saint Charles, MO
I like it, but the words are hard to read, especially if it was in a folder at 42x42 or whatever, so I might suggest maybe making it one of those short cartons, so it will be wider, and the words can be bigger/easier to read.

It looks great though!

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
as JSW said you might want to make it a bit boxier, that way it will be bigger, text will also be easier to read, other than that i like it a lot, good clean and simple!

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Needs some color. Perhaps bright orange or plum? I agree, it needs to be more rectangular to look large in the dock.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
iostream.h said:
I've been working on an icon for my iPod utility, "iJuicer". Please tell me what you think, and what I could to to make it better (if anything).

Thanks.

ijuicer.jpg

When I first saw it I thought of a milk carton and not juice so much. Yes it does have that hole on top but the white color is what I saw first. I think it could be more fun or something. When I think of "iJuicer" I think of color and fruit and movement. This looks too static to me. Maybe if you gave the carton some color so it looks more "juicy"? I do like the text on there, sounds nice :D I mean don't me wrong, it's a nice icon, but not sure if it looks "juicy".

But that's just me :)

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
color would be great - but you also need to be a bit bigger, more noticeable on the task bar. Make it a small, squat carton, that way the aspect ratio works better as a square icon instead of a tall skinny one.

D

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
the color is a little off, I did this fast. But even a stripe of other graphicly interesting detail would be good.

D

Attachments

• ijuicer.jpg
    ijuicer.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 193
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.